Our warehouse automation consultants have benefited from years of experience and we are proud to be the industry-leading consultancy in the area of automated warehouses.
We have designed and implemented many of the major automated systems in the UK, and we have consultants who are specialists in all areas of the design and specification process. Some specialise in the design and implementation of the warehouse automation, others are experts in specifying and developing warehouse management systems software, and others have extensive experience in the operational management of major warehouses and supply chain operations. This comprehensive experience has enabled us to develop detailed and flexible processes for automated and manual warehousing projects:
- Understand the characteristics of the business model that the system will handle
- Analyse current operations and model future scenarios
- Develop a specification of business and user requirements
- Develop the most appropriate concepts in each of the operational areas, taking into account factors such as throughput, inventory holding, seasonality, order fulfilment times, accuracy, capital costs and labour savings
- Identification of handling techniques that can meet the throughput and storage requirements cost effectively
- Definition of the operational requirements of the system-involving the operations teams
- Specification of the software and interface requirement of the system
- Develop concept layouts, specifications and business cases for the proposed systems
The benefit of employing The Logistics Business to undertake this work is that we will work as part of our client’s team. Our sole objective is to understand the client’s requirements and develop the optimum solutions that meet their long-term business plans, regardless of technology or supplier.
Due to the success of our work, and depth of our practical experience, we are usually asked to continue to support projects through the tender (quotation), supplier selection, implementation and system testing phases, and finally oversee the handover into full operation.